10.09.2005

"Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence"

they were around in the 1990's but i discovered this rock entity just recently by the name of 'Dream Theater' ... i first came upon their album 'Scenes from a Memory' talking about a girl Victoria who as implied, has died from depression or something else that i cant guess. the album was full of instrumentals and a weird hypnotherapist in the background. that alone charmed me into their music...
and then i discovered six degrees of inner turbulence.

THEN i came across misunderstood. it was as if i heard myself speaking through the song. here's why:
Waiting
In the calm of desolation
Wanting to break
From this circle of confusion

Sleeping
In the depths of isolation T
rying to wake
From this daydream of illusion

How can I feel abandoned even when the world surrounds me
How can I bite the hand that feeds the strangers all around me
How can I know so many Never really knowing anyone

If I seem superhuman
I have been
Misunderstood

It challenges the essence of my soul
And leaves me in a state of disconnection
As I navigate the maze of self control
Playing a lion being led to a cage

I turn from a thief to a beggar
From a god to God save me

How can I feel abandoned even when the world surrounds me
How can I bite the hand that feeds the strangers all around me
How can I know so many Never really knowing anyone

If I seem superhuman
I have been
Misunderstood

Playing a lion being led to a cage
I turn from surreal to seclusion
From love to disdain From belief to delusion
From a thief to a beggar
From a god to God save me

How can I feel abandoned even when the world surrounds me
How can I bite the hand that feeds the strangers all around me
How can I know so many Never really knowing anyone

If I seem superhuman
I have been
Misunderstood
and guess what, i slept so well the night i heard it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home