"Careful, ateh..." - some gay guy
I fell down four steps of stairs at an LRT station some few hours ago. The stampede of people going down the stairs gasped. Some had shocked expressions on their faces and others shook their heads.
I laughed. I hit my hip hard and it hurts, but I just felt like laughing. I smiled even as I heard several whispers like "ano nangyari, kawawa naman" and that memorable "careful, ateh" from a gay guy behind me. A lot more kept asking "okay ka lang?" until I felt my ears get saturated. I just don't understand; hello, I laughed... can we all just be fine with it and go on with our lives?
When it came to a point that I couldn't laugh anymore, I ended up saying "I'm okay! Thanks for asking".
I'm just saying. People have the right to feel that they're not okay, and enjoy pretending that they are.
I laughed. I hit my hip hard and it hurts, but I just felt like laughing. I smiled even as I heard several whispers like "ano nangyari, kawawa naman" and that memorable "careful, ateh" from a gay guy behind me. A lot more kept asking "okay ka lang?" until I felt my ears get saturated. I just don't understand; hello, I laughed... can we all just be fine with it and go on with our lives?
When it came to a point that I couldn't laugh anymore, I ended up saying "I'm okay! Thanks for asking".
I'm just saying. People have the right to feel that they're not okay, and enjoy pretending that they are.

11 Comments:
Kapag nadapa, dapat kang matutong bumangon
Ngunit kapag nadislocate ang balakang mo, saka ka humingi ng tulong.
Dapar laging ganon, tayo agad. Keber to all the bystanders...pero at least concerned sila. =)
Uy pero that's cute ha. I usually laugh at people who fall (basta hindi like, serious) or trip... and then look away cuz I'll prbably end up feeling embarassed for them. Teehee.
Pero I thought that was nice that strangers were going all "Ok ka lang?" and being concerned. :)
Strangers can be nice when you least expect them to be. :)
Sabi nga when you are able to laugh at your own mistakes..then you are truly grown up. Kaya ako, pag nadapa, nang-aaway. Who the ff**** tripped me! I was f**kin' pushed. #%%$ Makakarma din kayo, letse. Hehehe.
i'm not sure if that's cute that i slid my butt four steps down... lol. ewan ko ba, di matigil ng kamay ko yung momnetum after the slip. ayun, i felt the 'blag' for 4 times.
ako muntik na kanina pauwi! bumababa ako sa may gil puyat station tapos baha yung hagdanan..imagine?? napahawak tuloy ako dun sa kalawangin na handrail. mas mabuti na yon kesa sumubsob sa putikan eh nakaputi pa naman ako.hehe... the lesser of two evils
nauna kang umuwi sakin... medyo gabi na ko sumakay eh. pagbaba ko kanina ng gil puyat di na masayadong baha ang hagdan. buti na lang, kundi baka mag-take two pa yung moment ko kahapon. my god, pano kaya yun... haha
Haha! Nooo! I didn't mean your falling down the stairs is cute! I meant the strangers' concern! wahh. ;p
I hope your butt's okay now. :)
Ako din I had a similar experience. Ako naman sa may labas ng KFC sa Gil Puyat, broad daylight and there were a lot people.. I tripped while in a hurry as in talagang dapa, lahat ng tao nagreact then I just stood up and said "I'm okay". Ayun hanggang sa loob ng KFC pinagtinginan nila ako.. hehe.
Haaa omigod I remember when I fell off a jeep nung pababa na ko. GAHD. Embarassing. Then I limped away na lang and I didn't look back. Hehe.
Pero para nga kong baliw kasi natatawa ako sa sarili ko eh. ;p
Relate alert: Galing ako ng PRC kahapon. Medyo crowded sa hagdanan ng building B so daan galore naman ako sa tamang daanan. Keep right dapat di ba? eh may mga impaktong nakaharang ang mga kagamitan so natisod ako at muntik na akong sumubsob sa hagdan. salamat sa railing at di natuloy ang subsob.
napabuntong-hininga na lang ako at "punyeta" na lang ang nasabi ko. di kasi nag-sorry ang impakto..yun pang kasama niya ang nag-sorry.
hehe. ako kasi sadyang clumsy kaya natatawa ako lagi tuwing nadadapa ako. there was one time, naalala ko bigla... sa Rob Manila... i accidentally stepped on the WET FLOOR sign kaya nadapa ako. natawa talaga ko kasi i felt stupid na di ko nkita yung big yellow sign na yun. there was one guy na napatingin sakin among others, at na-weirduhan naman ako kasi sabi nya "anung tinatawa-tawa mo dyan?" haha. ako kaya yung nadapa?!
Post a Comment
<< Home