If I wanted to die, I couldn't have found a better way.
I'm working with fecal E. coli and three strong concentrated acids namely nitric, hydrochloric, and perchloric acids. Like I said... If I wanted to die, I couldn't have found a better way.
My rats haven't eaten in two days. I hope they're still alive and zinc-supplemented enough 'cause otherwise I'm dead, even dead-er than being exposed to hazardous acids. No one warned me it was gonna be like this though. But I'm alright. I'm not commenting any further.
So I'm blogging but got nothing to write about except senseless babbles. I just miss writing.
I think it's been more than a month since I wrote something out of random creative juices. For EiC, it's sad that I've got a lot of notes and drafts that haven't been given attention yet. I still can't believe it's been seven years. Seven years. Of loss, realizations, awakenings, reconciliation, ideas and daydreams. Seven years of writing and drawing. It seems we're never going to get tired of it anyway.
So I guess I'm not dying soon. I'm wearing double masks, nitrile gloves, a lab gown and closed shoes; and working cautiously in a fume hood with a functioning exhaust. Just maybe if I survive this, after seven more years EiC might be a masterpiece.
Forgive me, I'm being overdramatic again. :)
My rats haven't eaten in two days. I hope they're still alive and zinc-supplemented enough 'cause otherwise I'm dead, even dead-er than being exposed to hazardous acids. No one warned me it was gonna be like this though. But I'm alright. I'm not commenting any further.
So I'm blogging but got nothing to write about except senseless babbles. I just miss writing.
I think it's been more than a month since I wrote something out of random creative juices. For EiC, it's sad that I've got a lot of notes and drafts that haven't been given attention yet. I still can't believe it's been seven years. Seven years. Of loss, realizations, awakenings, reconciliation, ideas and daydreams. Seven years of writing and drawing. It seems we're never going to get tired of it anyway. So I guess I'm not dying soon. I'm wearing double masks, nitrile gloves, a lab gown and closed shoes; and working cautiously in a fume hood with a functioning exhaust. Just maybe if I survive this, after seven more years EiC might be a masterpiece.
Forgive me, I'm being overdramatic again. :)
Labels: eic, memories, regression, thesis

10 Comments:
Screw Sarin. Escherichia coli is L33t... good for BioWarfare... It's gonna be a slow and painful death eh.
I miss working in the laboratories...especially the ones with ancient fume hoods that do nothing more than waft the noxious fumes around and sound like airplanes taking off... ;)
Speaking about rats, I hope your "project" is doing well. =)
Inggit ako sa mga very science-y set up ninyo. I had fun with my Microbiology lab subject so I missed working (and horsing around) in the lab.
So true, Ate Kel. Di gumagana lahat ng exhaust sa thesis room... so we "travel" with all our acid stuff to GAB 401 para makigamit ng fume hood. Talk about hazardous. Hehe.
Haha. Yeah, slow and painful... and messy. You spill your guts out and then you die eventually.
oh, hassle... i trust you're surviving the hazards of the job?
^ Buhay pa naman. :) Hehe.
I feel for you.... it's part of your essence - writing, that is.
i think there's a certain charm in using antique labs.. the thrill of knowing that your life's in danger every minute you're in there. hahaha. nakaka-miss.
Well, somehow nakaka-miss nga. Parang bahay ko na yung places natin sa lab.
Post a Comment
<< Home