10.14.2007

Yep. I voted for this guy.

So for the past few weeks I've noticed I haven't posted anything socially relevant on this blog. First of all, I've stopped being a politics junkie since... I don't know... I guess when I got totally immersed into science. I'm at this point where nothing excites me other than transgenic transparent frogs, pGLO "glow" monkeys, synthetic 30 kiloDalton giant polyoxometalate molecules or the strange fact that rats cough. Secondly, I didn't think it would be wise to post another commentary on the Desperate Housewives controversy or the Cory Aquino 'slut' photograph or the issue about Andy Manzano's photo used in a mail-order bride website (I was kidding about the last one, lol.). That would just be overkill. But then I found myself joining the 11821 persons who voted for this guy several days ago:

Marco Antonio Torres. An expat in Beijing who's aiming to be the second Filipino torchbearer in Olympic history; the first being in Tokyo in 1964. He's a marketer for M Moser Associates, a prominent Chinese design firm and claims to be a sportsman and frequent traveler. From the pictures I think he looks like some adventurous yuppie with typical camwhore tendencies. (No offense intended. We're all camwhores. :P)

According to him, "Should I get chosen, I will take it as an opportunity to promote China to the Philippines and vice versa. There is truly more to China than the Great Wall, it is after all one of the earliest civilizations, and China has a lot of unique and interesting things to share the world. This is probably why despite over a year of exploring, you just can’t get enough of China."

About what he said, he practically babbled about how he loves China... we can only wonder what percentage of Chinese actually voted for him. So anyway, I found the link for the torchbearer rankings suddenly non-existent, so I assumed the voting has been closed; though I'm not really sure. In any case, you can still view his promotional site at http://pinoytorchbearer.com/.

Only 8 candidates will be chosen as the torchbearers in the Beijing 2008 Olympics so the whole country is rooting for him now. Way to go, dude.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous KC Cervales said...

LOL @ "issue about Andy Manzano's photo used in a mail-order bride website (I was kidding about the last one, lol.)". Artista ba sha?

Man, I'd care about Frannie Richards and the H&M issue.

3:43 PM  
Anonymous anna ofilas said...

^ Hehe. Just saw it on TV. Natawa naman ako, I didn''t know people cared enough about her that they had to televise it.

4:05 PM  
Anonymous KC Cervales said...

Marami naman ang biktima ng ganyan. Heller! But did anyone care? No. Baka naman pseudo-artista siya.

And about this guy, I want to vote for him. Dapat habang tatakbo siya, try niya sumigaw ng "I'm a graduate of a Med School in the Philippines"..LOL

5:22 PM  
Anonymous anna ofilas said...

^ Lol. Tama. Magandang idea yun.

About Andy: Alam ko lang she's a DJ sa Magic tsaka lumabas kasama ni Mo dun sa Ellips cologne commercial... well, other than that, I doubt anyone would care about the issue I mentioned above.

7:28 PM  
Anonymous KC Cervales said...

..Ah, still clueless. I just hope Marco Torres gets a spot on the torch bearing stint.

1:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home