10.01.2008

Cosplay Debut

Supposedly.

Before it turned out to be the reunion of the bangag sisters.

Image:Kikyo.gif Sunako's initial appearance in the manga.
It was sort of, a well-prepared cosplay... I'd be Kikyo from InuYasha, and sis would be Sunako Nakahara of Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge (which was pretty easy, by the way). Without the convincing bow and arrow and a decent kimono top, I was pretty much desperate to find anything that would complete the Kikyo look. I was supposed to do Gunslinger Girl Claes, but I lacked the familiar brown dress for her character. Despite coming from Makati, from work, without sleep, we had somehow convinced Angela to let me borrow her taekwondo top. So we waited for her to come home Sunday morning so I can fetch the needed attire from her home. We were almost fully equipped - cameras, clothes, accessories, etc.

And by the way, coming from work, I had no sleep as well.

Finally, she was home as sis and I walked to their house, not to mention having to tolerate stares from the SanLo people as we passed by with the semi-anime look. But because dear Angela was soooo sleepy, we ran up to her room and raided it! Lol. Which turned out to be a bad (eventually, good) idea.

The photo that started it all:

We were only trying to see who was more bangag between the two nocturnal creatures you see above. (Sumisilip sa side yung Kikyo ribbon ko. Haha.)

A series of pictures followed, which got stranger and crazier by the minute... or second, actually.



Although natuloy pa rin yung cosplay... sa loob ng kuwarto!

 
Naisip ko, ngayon lang... mukha kang server sa ramen house! LOL

Remind me, girls... why was there a show of feet? LOL



And why were we UNDEAD? (Dahil yata yun sa paa? LOL)


Natawa ako dun sa isang pic... sayang. :)

Just when we thought we were a little less abnormal... finally...



... there came the SENSELESS  fits of laughter.



Grabe. Honestly, sumakit talaga tiyan ko dito. Hehe. Si Pops, super flushed! x_x Bakit nga tayo tumatawa ulit? May reason ba? Pero tama si Tita, buti na lang we don't work in the same office! Kawawa ang colleagues natin.

And this: (whatever it is you'd call this)



OMG.

Can you imagine we actually had the stomachs for two family-size pizzas after all this? And we were actually able to sleep and wake up sane again?

Oh well. I was kinda glad I didn't cosplay anyway. There's always another Otakon next year and perhaps 50 more years after that. I bet not even the huge otaku conventions can beat our craziness. Haha!



***credits to joeynikaede.multiply.com and wikipedia for the pics

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous mikki davila said...

XD hahaha ang kulit talaga!!!Ü so you work in makati? layo ah!

3:36 AM  
Anonymous anna ofilas said...

No gran, not me. My friend does. :) May hangover pa ko. Tinatamad magtrabaho at gustong maghang-out na lang. Hehe.

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home