9.19.2008

Stupid.

No one's born dumb.

But stupid? Maybe.

... Like people who don't even think about how they bother other people's work just so they can do theirs flawlessly without even a shred of effort.

To my friends who can read this entry, have you ever seen me get mad? If not, read and enjoy. :)

-000-

Because I believe in preserving your dignity and I think no one deserves to be degraded in front of others, I haven't said anything to embarass you and I haven't told them yet about the stupidity I've witnessed. Your name's not even here and these people don't even know you. Dito na lang, at least di ka nila kilala. I get the chance to bash you without anyone else getting hurt.

You were employed in a company that speaks English as a policy so would you please learn to speak in freakin' English?! Have you even noticed how we answer you in a different language everytime you ask a stupid question? Did you even notice how we were hoping you'd follow suit? I guess not then. And I know you're wondering why I've shared more small talks with your American guy than you two actually had. Use the language and maybe you won't be so left out. Stop thinking you can get away with anything because you look innocent and pretty. Other people are investing their efforts and mental energy on something that you'd just breeze through because your talented colleagues just happened to be kind enough to make things easier for you.

You think you know how it works. You think because they call me anytime to ask for help, you can do the same and abuse me? They ask me for second opinions and that's only because they believe I know better at some things. They ask about grammar -something that even I get confused with sometimes- and factual tidbits that they assume I would happen to know. But you... you ask me to think for you! Get your neurons working, girl. Read, think, understand! Before you complain about things being so hard, have you ever thought maybe that's because they're meant to be hard and meant to require this basic action called THINKING?

Tangina, mag-isip ka naman! (I don't usually curse, but forgive me just this once.)

I help them because they ask nicely. And besides, they offer me the same help when I'm the one who needs it. They're even that nice to treat me to lunch even though it's not necessary. It's called teamwork. They see the problem, think and try to work it out... and then say "Anna, can you help me with this?" And then say thank you or promise a treat in return. Do you even realize what you do? You see the problem, scratch your head, complain about how difficult it looks and say, "Anna, tulungan mo nga ko dito! Ang hirap naman kasi!"

I don't even know why I still come running to help you even though you sound like you're ordering me and not asking me. I even abandon my job to help you first because it takes a lot of dictating and explaining for you to understand what needs to be done. When everyone else has left because they're tired of you're doing your job for you, I stay and endure the whole process. I do that even when you keep a weird gaze at me when I browse news, trivia sites or stuff about stem cells and odd magazine articles. Hija, it's called READING. I'm not like the rest of 'em who answer love quizzes in their free time. They already made sure I get that I'm weird so I'm used to the stares. But you're much worse then them. You have the guts to interrupt my reading and force me to do the same nonsense so you'll be entertained. Are you serious?

Normal people don't tolerate that kind of parasitic behaviour. It so happened that I'm not as normal so you're lucky I tolerate you. You get that, right? You're not dumb... even though you don't know what dumb means (I'm not exaggerating, the poor girl really doesn't know). You just need to stop being lazy and let the brain you're born with get some well-needed workout.

It's okay to ask me. Just think first before you do. And try to do your job by yourself, at least once. See how it feels. Maybe then you'll understand the expressions we all have when we read our payslips. While you're at it, try understanding the computation of your salary too. Oh, and maybe next time I can teach you about stem cells and stuff so you'll impress them with your looks AND wit.

And yes, when my blood returns to its normal temperature, I'll still help you. Don't worry, I won't call you stupid out there. I had to do it here so no one else would have to hear it.

-000-

Hay, salamat at may Multiply restricted access. Gusto ko pa magmura, pero tama na ang isa. I want to believe I'm still kind enough to have vented it out this way than in any other manner.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous KC Cervales said...

Mabait ka pa. If it were me, my sentences would be punctuated with the word "fuck". Hee-hee.
I so can relate, although iba ang nature ng ating colleague-related story.

The best thing to do, to teach Ms. Annoying Colleague is to ignore her pathetic plea for help even if it makes you look bad. It might be evil but it's fun and guaranteed to teach her a lesson. Hindi lang yan applicable kung lahat kayo mapapahamak. Paano siya mag-go-grow professionally kung ganyan siya? Just think that you're doing her a favor.

9:10 PM  
Anonymous anna ofilas said...

^ Yes, that's why I'll stay away na lang. It's not the first time someone has abused my fondness for helping others. Di ko lang talaga matiis na di sagutin ang nagtatanong, that's why.

Sometimes the stuff she asks are just so stupid, akala ko joke lang. Parang, "Neng, are you serious?" Apparently, she's just that lazy and she lacks professionalism. Gusto ko sana gawin yung suggestion mo pero her stupidity has been pulling everyone down, well, either way she still pulls us down. Pero putek yan, pag mas malaki pera nya sa payout... I'll be so mad, it would take more than blogging to tame me. haha.

3:18 AM  
Anonymous Kate Smith said...

hmmm... kapatid sino yan??? Uupakan namin ni Joey yan. XD (seriously)

that happens in our office too..but between teams naman. if someone asked me a question related to work, i'll normally say "can you send me an email regarding your request/question?" if it's not my job, i'd rather not do it. anu sila sinuswerte??? it happens all the time. People are being acknowledged for the efforts of other people. And whenever it happens, i'll talk straight to my team lead or the manager himself. coz in the end, ako rin naman ang magsu-suffer pagdating sa ranking/promotion. I believe you teach others on how they'll treat you. And you also teach others to become dependent on you.

4:26 PM  
Anonymous anna ofilas said...

Thanks guys.

Fortunately, she's become less annoying... because I'm working ten feet away from her. Hehe. But then I feel quite sorry for the girl, ewan. Basta.

2:56 AM  
Anonymous KC Cervales said...

Buti hindi siya nasisisante dahil may pagkabobita sha...
Good luck na lang at congrats now that you're working 10 feet away from her. :p

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home