The girl from...
UP.
That's what they call me.
There are other variations like "Ate UP", "Miss UP", "Yoopee-yoopee" but mostly it's just UP girl or simply UP. My name tent says Anna in bold font size 85 or something but they call me just the same, everyday.
It feels somewhat like being a superhero... it's either a gift or a curse. Sometimes it even feels like high school, when being smart makes you less cool and socially incapable. So what, I got 11 out of 15 in that stupid logic test. If I had been taking the same test with my college buddies, my score would have been on the mediocre standard. This is how you turn out after years of blood-draining analysis and forced quick thinking. It's not some sort of extra-terrestrial power. It's not worth replacing a human being's name with an acronym.
People have names for a purpose. My name tent (tag) is HUGE for a purpose.
If it's your first time to encounter a nerd, deal with it.
-edit-
Again. Stop making an issue of the fact that I write during break times. You do your thing, retouch your make-up, make chika and all that... I write. It's the same. It's not an alien ritual, so stop peering on my notes and talking behind my back.
That's what they call me.
There are other variations like "Ate UP", "Miss UP", "Yoopee-yoopee" but mostly it's just UP girl or simply UP. My name tent says Anna in bold font size 85 or something but they call me just the same, everyday.
It feels somewhat like being a superhero... it's either a gift or a curse. Sometimes it even feels like high school, when being smart makes you less cool and socially incapable. So what, I got 11 out of 15 in that stupid logic test. If I had been taking the same test with my college buddies, my score would have been on the mediocre standard. This is how you turn out after years of blood-draining analysis and forced quick thinking. It's not some sort of extra-terrestrial power. It's not worth replacing a human being's name with an acronym.
People have names for a purpose. My name tent (tag) is HUGE for a purpose.
If it's your first time to encounter a nerd, deal with it.
-edit-
Again. Stop making an issue of the fact that I write during break times. You do your thing, retouch your make-up, make chika and all that... I write. It's the same. It's not an alien ritual, so stop peering on my notes and talking behind my back.

14 Comments:
Ganun talaga.. We have to live with it. Sucks but there's nothing we can do... Pabayaan mo na lang sila... Baka ndi marunong magbasa... XP
true....but you know who you are...so don't mind them..
Until this day, there are people in med who still mark me as Kelly, the one from UP. I think it's cool that they're starting to see me more now as Kelly, an individual.
"Name tent"?
What?
People will always be labelled, to help, I guess with remember which person is which. I was always Jewel, that tall chinita girl with glasses. Haha. Annoying, but not so bad. In the same way it's not bad to be known as that girl from UP. :)
Pardon my ignorance nga lang, what is this referring to exactly?
Lol. Nerds rule! Mabuhay tayo.
I know how you feel because my colleagues used to do the same with me. It was annoying, to be honest, because I felt so alienated.
But once they get to know you better, the label-whoring will stop.
Haha. Nice one. :)
Well, I guess it takes time, Ate Kel. Buti naman nawawala na yung branding sa inyo.
Haha. Name "tent" - it stands on the table so it's called tent.
My post is actually referring to my new colleagues. :) Actually the labeling is not that bad, except that almost EVERYthing that I do is wrongly associated with me coming from UP. As in UP=weird, anti-social. It feels close to something like that.
Yeah, nerds unite!
Actually, I just edited my post... it's getting more annoying na. But then, I know it takes time talaga. :)
..as if us, gorgeous nerds need make-up no? Joke.
Try to replace your name tent with this: "Do Not Disturb: Nerd at Work". or probably with "Breaktime Writing = Make-up Retouch" para ma-gets nila. Sana di sila slow. :p
Si ate UP talaga oh.
^ Hoy. Hmp.
Lol
Haha. Nice one, Kc. Now I've become Miss UP, the chemist: the one who can make bombs. Let's hope they become kinder. Hehe, :p.
Actually it depends on the people around you. Not all people from UP (grads or undergrads for that matter) go through this, siguro kanya kanyang oras lang. May mga tao talagang ganyan, we just have to live with it.
Associate it with envy. It will pass. :3
Post a Comment
<< Home