8.19.2008

Rare Occurrences

Shopping has always been more a luxury than a necessity in the world I grew up in. Unless we're running out of stuff to fill our bellies with or use in the shower, I don't get to shop for new things. I lived on presents, hand-me-downs and company freebies. Going around while actually spending cash as opposed to staring aimlessly at shelves is a rarity. Case in point: The mom, surprisingly, took us kids out for a little shopping as her post-birthday treat.

However, I don't think I'm shopping again anytime soon. First reason- cheap, regular clothes don't fit me. I wanted to buy what I called a "Lee Da Hae" blouse but apparently, Large still doesn't fit me... when in the US I fit in petites and small moderates! In the end, I got a smallest shirt in the plus-size section. Frustrating, no? Then there's a second reason- the salesman at the men's wear section would probably remember me as the girl who was picking out boxer shorts for herself. I helped my brother choose a pair of boxers and then just as the sales guy greeted us, my bro blurted out, "May smaller size, fit sa'yo! Turo mo, ikukuha kita and then ako na sa cashier para di nakakahiya."  When it couldn't get any worse, my mom held up a few of the items and asked how I'd like it (Mommy?!). Okay, I don't mind friends knowing I like wearing men's boxers at home, but I don't like having salespersons stifle giggles about it while I'm doing some serious shopping. So I told my mother I'll stick to grocery shopping for the mean time.

Another rare thing happened Sunday midnight until early Monday morning. Gerard, our beloved brother/Oble scholar/summa cum laude/future M.D. was online and available to talk, for once! Hehe. He's in Cebu right now after their cardio module and for a birthday with his family. It was his birthday last week and I totally forgot (what's more embarassing, I greeted Hernie and had a hunch that there was another August birthday but forgot it was Gerard's)!

Anyway... UP fam: sabi nya sobrang miss na daw na tayo and laging wrong timing yung mga dinners natin sa schedule nya. He hopes to be able to see us sometime when he's not busy (yikes, in med school, who knows when that will be diba?).

Who knows what other rare events are in store for me in the next few weeks? Like me going out, perhaps? :P

Labels: , , , , ,

14 Comments:

Anonymous mikki davila said...

pagpasensyahan mo na sina kuya at titaÜ
wah, i miss gerard, too!

3:25 AM  
Anonymous princess villariña said...

ehem. idagdag pang UPMed c baby gerard..late aco ng greeting sa kanya..but he said: mommy,ayos lang kahit late ang greeting,basta naalala.. c:


hay..i miss my babies more and more each day..

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Jewel Angeles said...

I know how you feel! Salespeople look at me weird when I buy men's t-shirts for myself. Pero bakit ba? Trip ko yun eh! :)
Wapakels na sila sa boxers trip mo noh. :)

12:38 PM  
Anonymous anna ofilas said...

Mame, lumalaki na kasi ang mga babies mo... hehe.

12:47 PM  
Anonymous anna ofilas said...

Ay nako, tama! Paki ba nila. What I just hated most was when that guy started giggling, as if I can't see him. My bro doesn't find it weird though... I wear his old shirts pa nga. His girly gf is more shocked than he is. :)

12:51 PM  
Anonymous princess villariña said...

oo nga ehh..mas malaki pa sakn.hahaha..

12:51 PM  
Anonymous anna ofilas said...

Ladies' man talaga si Gerard noh? LOL.

12:52 PM  
Anonymous mikki davila said...

oo naman!Ü si gerard pa!

1:51 PM  
Anonymous mikki davila said...

di ko alam ang fine details..

(start whatif)
baka nag-react sila sa paghirit ni kuya..
baka naisip ng salespeople: "kelangan ba niyang humirit ng ganun? marami namang ganun a.."
tska siguro sa pag-react mo na rin, na-shy ka siguro..
hindi siguro dahil dun sa pagpili mo ng boxers.. naka-encounter naman din siguro sila ng ibang girls who buy/wear such.. si yoo hee nga panay boxers ang gamit..
(end whatif)

sa mga salespeople naman.. mag-concentrate sa sales at alalahanin ang customers.. kung tatawa lang kayo, wala kayong komisyon..

next time, wag mo na lang pansinin.. continue..
"may iba pa bang pwede mag-assist sa akin?"
or, kung gusto mo ng trip:
"anong maganda? meron ba kayo nung panay hearts? o kaya naman polka dots?"
hahaha..

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Jewel Angeles said...

Dude. I wear boxers pantulog din noh. I wear whatever fits pambahay. The bigger the shirt, the better! Haha. DIBA?! *hai faiv!*

Doesn't everyone?! Hahaha. Parang ako naweirdohan sa mga tao who think that's a big deal. ;)

I would proudly wear Mico's and/or my brother's shirts. :)

5:27 PM  
Anonymous KC Cervales said...

Ngek. I sometimes wear my dad's clothes when I go out. Paki ba nila if we are gorgeous bitches who can pull off men's wear. Ay, ang kapal na.

And LOL at the sizes. I am a medium-large pag US size. Dito OA kasi XL-XXXL ang size, depende kung pang children's size ang fitting ng clothing brand na binibili ko. Minsan masikip pa rin. Harhar. :p

6:42 PM  
Anonymous anna ofilas said...

@Gran: Tinago nga agad ni Kuya yung shorts kasi akala nya aarborin ko. LOL. I just stared at the salesman then umalis na ko. I was too tired of walking na rin kasi. Haha.

@Jung: You and your bro have roughly the same body type, so mas madaming mahihiram, haha.

@ Kc: True, pang children's size ang sukat nila! Haha.

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Jewel Angeles said...

And that's exactly why it makes it more baffling to me why people wonder why I buy in the men's section eh they have super small shirts din naman for men na kasya din sakin. They just have better designs is all. :)
And, recent discovery: sa F&H soooobrang liit ng 1 nila! I fit a tank top, size 1, GRABE it's a wonder I was even able to put it on. I couldn't breathe! People actually fit in clothes that small?!

@Celine: Ayy. Yeah the States! Mico was ecstatic when he got there! Haha. So easy to find nice board shorts that fit... All that. I'd say it's easier on the self esteem kasi easier on the sizes. :)

7:46 PM  
Anonymous anna ofilas said...

^ Yay for Mico! :) Sizes in the US even fooled me to ignore all that weight I gained, LOL. I find motivation to lose weight when regular sizes don't fit me na. Pero dun, I didn't mind... kasi clothes sizes' range from 0 to infinity. I even wore a swimsuit! - proving how much easier those stores are on the self esteem. Haha!

2:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home