10.15.2007

OMG. Creepy stalker guys on Fictionpress?!

So I thought stalkers could only go as far as Friendster or other networking sites when it comes to online stalking. So I was wrong.

I opened my mail a few minutes ago and found a private message from another Fictionpress user, which was kind of normal especially when I post a new chapter or story. I became used to critics asking a few story-related questions over PMs or having other users send me good reviews in private aside from the publicly viewable comments. But then the PM I got today sent me to freak-out-turned-laugh-trip mode. Here's what the message contained... let's save the guy some dignity so I edited out some stuff and removed his name.

"Kamusta naman? ngayong araw ko lang nabasa itong mga kwento mo. naaliw ako sa mga kwento mo lalu na yung "Stalker" kasi nakakarelate ako. inspired ba yun nang life story mo? pede ko bang malaman full name, age, location mo? wag kamagalala hindi ako bading. i also write stories but i rarely upload busy kasi lagi at tamad akong magtype kaya nakatambak lang yung mga stories and poems ko dito sa bahay namin. ako nga pala si [full name here] aka [username here]. 18yrs old pa lang ako at next year pa ako mag 19. tiga Quezon city ako. hehe. sige sana sagutin mo itong message ko sayo."

What actually bothered me is how feeling close the message appeared. I'm used to getting PMs from my literary buddies from FP, of all nationalities including other Pinoys, but it was the first time I received something as weird as this. I don't know if he actually realizes the boundaries between the online world and the real one. Full name, age and location? Duh.

A brief background. I wrote the Filipino short story he mentioned entitled 'Stalker' just for fun and published it in FP. (Summary: He knows her full name. He knows about her friends and family. He remembers her childhood, adolescence and early adulthood. He could probably draw her face with his eyes closed. He knows what she likes and what she doesn't. He waits for her and follows her everyday. Stalker? Nah.)

So naka-relate sya sa Stalker story ko? That's creepy. But FYI, it was NOT in any way, inspired by any life experience. As I said, sometimes I think of plots just for fun.

Actually, di talaga ako sanay sa mga PMs na ganito... just in case I would be the only one who finds this weird. Haha. So right now, I'm thinking of a proper reply to this guy. Hmmm.

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous verna santiago said...

hahaha.. ala-stalker din siya eh..hehe

12:58 AM  
Anonymous KC Cervales said...

^ Eek!
Pero laugh trip naman... =)

3:13 PM  
Anonymous anna ofilas said...

Oo nga, super laugh trip. Pano ba naman, too weird. Ewan. Haha.

9:23 PM  
Anonymous verna santiago said...

weeeee!!!! stalker!!!! haha!!!

10:01 PM  
Anonymous anna ofilas said...

^ Nyeh. Haha. Still hate stalkers. Minsan nakakatawa lang sila.

10:09 PM  
Anonymous KC Cervales said...

Haha. Naloka ako sa full name, location and whatever whoosis. Baka siya ang naka-relate. Pero mas naloka ako dun sa sinabi niya na hindi siya bading...malamang, baka maibigay mo pa sa kanya kung bading siya. *LOL*

12:22 AM  
Anonymous Jewel Angeles said...

"Wag ka mag alala hindi ako bading."
Defensive. He probably is. Hahaha. Random!?

Baka nga nakakarelate sya. He's the Stalker in the story. ;p

7:38 AM  
Anonymous anna ofilas said...

^ Well, bading or not. Stalkers. Off-limits. Haha.

9:37 PM  
Anonymous verna santiago said...

i like having friends with stalkers.. may napaguubusan ang free time ko... wahahahaha!!!

11:45 PM  
Anonymous faye moran said...

nyak. stalkers, keep off. oh, and, we don't deal with kids here.

11:33 PM  
Anonymous anna ofilas said...

^ hahaha. yeah.

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home