10.31.2008

Personality At Work

I am an INTJ. I knew that from a personality test I took years ago.

http://a6.vox.com/6a00c2252570aaf21900cd9700263e4cd5-320pi
credits to this blog for the very fitting image

This is part of the profile of an INTJ according to Wikipedia: "They tend to be pragmatic and logical individuals, often with an individualistic bent and a low tolerance for spin or rampant emotionalism. They are also commonly not susceptible to catchphrases and commonly do not recognize authority based on tradition, rank or title."

So despite having this extremely boring, repetitive workload mixed with a crowd of arrogant know-it-alls who think they're naturally some kind of superior species; I manage. I don't care how much higher they are at the ranks, 'cause it doesn't mean they're better than anybody else. No one gets any right to raise his/her voice at me just because I was able to finish something in a shorter time frame than what was expected. It's how I work, and I get paid well for that speed. This job is boring enough that I don't have to linger too much on a stupid questionnaire.

Also, according to the article: "They generally withhold strong emotion and do not like to waste time, as they see it, with what they consider irrational social rituals. This, however, may cause non-INTJs to perceive them as distant and reserved."

So no one should expect me to take interest in that unnecessary activity of chismisan, that even gets as far as the whole world knowing how much I got on my last paycheck. Thank you for the good remarks, but there's a reason why payslips are printed in those peek-proof sheets. That reason is called confidentiality.

Lastly: "Hallmark features of the INTJ personality type include independence of thought, strong individualism, creativity, and a desire for efficiency. People with this personality type work best given large amounts of autonomy and creative freedom.... They tend to be acutely aware of their knowledge and abilities, as well as their limitations and what they don't know."

So if I want to be a smart ass, I WILL be a smart ass.


I recommend the articles on the 16 Myers-Briggs personality types for a fun read at work where other reading materials are prohibited.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Kelly de Guzman said...

Hay, di bale. Someday, you'll be in a higher position than these @$$h0L3s.

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home