11.14.2008

I get it.

NOW I totally get it. Passion. It's irreplaceable. Not even the numerous golden Ninoys can match it.

Money is good. Despite the millions of icky bacteria it harbors, a bundle of cash smells good, even just figuratively speaking. It's my anti-pest spray that keeps all the pesky petty shortage issues away. And I do consider myself lucky, to be in this thing that apparently does sprout money as easily as mung beans on a damp towel. Then like some kind of twisted poetic justice, just when you think you've got what you always wanted; all the other non-worldly bullshit in your life come to multiply themselves into those little shitheads that annoy you every day.

No matter how much your colleagues envy you for your high incentives, no matter how bitter your sibling is because you're a little wealthier, and no matter how much guilt was lifted because you were able to endure mental suicide for the sake of a little stability...

... it all comes down to what you want. Still.



I can do better than this.

I can extract and fingerprint DNA. How many people in the world can do that? Right? Fine, there's probably a lot of people who can do the same thing and more but still, I don't deserve to be treated like a load of stupid crap.

And they said, at least you'll have friends. Yeah, if only there were more than two people with whom you won't have to explain yourself all the time.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous KC Cervales said...

We both feel the same way now.

Don't worry, I belong to the people who doesn't need too much explanation about this stuff. *hugs* :)

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Jewel Angeles said...

I TOTALLY GET IT!!!
I'm out of the rut, but here's what I think the best way to go about this is:
Stay in there as long as you can. Enjoy the money, buy clothes and books and all the stuff you wanted but couldn't get before, save up (very important)... Then, because you've saved up, and you have the things you needed/wanted na, you can leave. Or at least have enough back-up money for a better job with less money. :)

GOOD LUCK!!! *hugs*
Try to remember that such is life and you gotta take what you can get. In the meantime, just be glad you have a well-paying job. :)

2:27 PM  
Anonymous KC Cervales said...

Tama si Jung. Actually, that is what I'm doing now, enjoying the thrill of buying what you want with your own money. Because if I do get to med school, wala nang ganun. Hehe...

7:34 PM  
Anonymous anna ofilas said...

@ Kc: Thanks. *hugs back* Oo nga eh. Even though I have to drag myself to work everyday, I get there. I feel like I'm chanting "money... money..." in my head every time I get ready to leave.

@Jung: *hugs back din* I really feel lucky that I have this, at least. What I really hate is how much people would treat you like you're stupid (so now I'm coming off as arrogant naman). That shit aside, the money is hard to let go, diba? Maybe I'm not rewarding myself enough, noh? I haven't bought the stuff that I wanted YET. I keep on thinking that I have to save, so I tend to have more trips to the bank and bayad centre than to the mall.

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Jewel Angeles said...

I got thru one year and some months of call center monotony by "bribing" myself with Teriyaki Boy, overpriced coffee, Powerbooks, clothes and a pair of mahal Chucks. :)

Hehe. Dapat sa GE ka nagapply. People are cool there. ;p

Also, read books. I felt so much better knowing that my brain was still somehow functioning. :D

Save some money. (I set aside a minimum of 1k per payout at the time. MORE kung kaya!) Pero don't forget to enjoy it too. :)

7:10 PM  
Anonymous anna ofilas said...

^ Yeah. I started reading na uli. :) I was hoping it would kill whatever grudge I carried coming to work, but then a lot of people DO NOT know that I'm not supposed to be interrupted when reading so... LOL.

Coffee date! Pano na? Haha.

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Jewel Angeles said...

^ See you got one thing out of it. I read the most talaga while I was callcentering. :D

Don't know. Mukhang I'll be going back and forth to Makati, Ortigas, Alabang and Pacita for the week. Tangina di ko pa alam sked ko. Hahahahaha.

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Amary Mei said...

^_^

1:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home