12.26.2008

Noche Buena

There are few things in the world that get my attention these days, and the holidays, don’t attract me any more than they did when I was five.

I spent Christmas eve and the first few hours of Christmas day at work. So me and my colleagues were mocking ourselves by setting a stopwatch in the computer and counting down to the official start of Christmas day. As soon as the computer clocks struck 12, people began greeting each other ‘Merry Christmas’ in a manner like strangers greet ‘Peace be with you’ in church. Applause and cheers flooded the once quiet office. Some tears were shed for those who missed their families. I was laughing through the cheekiness of it all, but I thought it was amazing: Some people actually feel it that much.

My colleagues brought food and we stuffed ourselves with pasta, doughnuts, brownies and coffee. It was refreshing to share Noche Buena with people I don’t know and who don’t know me as well. Somehow, we were not kidding ourselves.

Merry Christmas.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Felipe Cunanan said...

Knowing that some people can't spend Christmas with their family. Every year, i am very thankful to be able to spend Christmas with my family.

Maybe when i start working, then i would understand your sentiments.

Happy New Year Annabanana.

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Kelly de Guzman said...

Awww.. Merry Christmas!

9:15 PM  
Anonymous anna ofilas said...

Happy New Year, Flippy. :)

8:12 AM  
Anonymous anna ofilas said...

Happy Holidays te Kel! Kelan tayo mag-ppost holiday gathering? Hehe.

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home