1.20.2009

Kampai!

Late friends-only post: Should have been in 2008.

As you all know, I'm not the type of person who comes to school or work half-sloshed. Well.

On the 27th, we had our traditional holiday celebration as eight-year friends: the usual, binge eating and anime marathons. I brought cookies, bacon and green salad and we bought packets of chips and cooked the traditional carbonara. Last year, the pasta was great but the sauce was burnt. This year, the sauce was perfect but the pasta got burned. Even the cat wouldn't eat the pasta, haha! By Angela meticulously picking out the burnt pieces and me salvaging the sauce just in time, the carbonara was the best we've made so far. So next year, we SHOULD get this right! (Or else, what the heck would we have? LOL)

People in my office said the carbonara was really good, by the way. Somehow, I know next Christmas we'll finally get this.

After a few hours, the seemingly innocent soju bottles came out from the fridge. They were purchased from a hidden oriental store I found during my escapades in Manila two years ago. I introduced the store to Joey back then and that's how this imported rice wine found its way to Laguna, haha.









The motivation for the following pictures should probably be clear by now:
Obviously, we were not really drunk. If we were, I don't think anyone will be sane enough to handle a camera. Right? LOL. After three bottles, we were thinking  how we should have bought ten instead! In the end, I had 6 shots of soju minutes before I left for work. (FYI: Soju is like Korean vodka, a little stronger than sake but less intoxicating than regular vodka.) I actually stopped myself as they continued for 4 or 5 shots more. I wasn't tipsy yet, but no matter how much Astring-o-sol I gargle, I know natural body scent won't lie. As I said, I'm not the type who shows up anywhere with a scent or much worse, a hangover.

Despite being so close to just dropping dead at this boring job, I still want to keep it. I still want my money. So after one last swig, I left to take care of Life as they finished the last few shots and continued with a Bleach marathon.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Amary Mei said...

I so fail at getting drunk here... lol XD

10:40 PM  
Anonymous anna ofilas said...

We all failed at getting drunk... that's what I was saying when I texted you. LOL Langya, bitin eh. Pati Bleach at kain bitin din! Hoy, di ko nakain yung ice cream! (I just remembered... lol)

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home