4.11.2009

Unharmed, for now.

I almost hit a car today.

I was cautious and learning; I was on hazard and carefully inching my way to make a U-turn when the Honda cut right in front of me! That was just plain rude. You never cut in front of a student driver that close. Never. Do you know that the time it takes for me to step on the brake would naturally be longer than the time it would take for me to utter something profane?! We could find ourselves looking at each other in the emergency room before I could even finish swearing.

Common courtesy is not so common these days. And I'm not talking about driving. I'm new at this - switching gears, making choices, hitting gutters - you know, life. Stop cutting in front of me because I know what I'm doing but you have to let me do it. If I crash into you, we both get hurt but you'll blame me anyway.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous KC Cervales said...

My tita's foreigner boyfriend says that the drivers here in the Third World are lane sharks. Sisingit pa rin hangga't may sisingitan. So good luck na lang. Hehe.

P.S. It's good to hear that you're ok. :)

3:09 PM  
Anonymous anna ofilas said...

Thanks. It's true what you tita's boyfriend said. Idagdag pa ang pangit na road structures.

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Felipe Cunanan said...

Welcome to the world of driving. You'll get used to it.

12:06 AM  
Anonymous anna ofilas said...

Thanks. Haha. :)

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home