Looking to Borrow As Well? Read.
Perhaps I have peso signs written all over my body that I just fail to notice. Or maybe my surname sounds like that of the CEO of a certain bank. Because I don't have any other explanation as to why many people tend to come to me like I'm a loaning agency. At least three people ask me every week for some extra cash, which I'm surprised to know I look like I have. Hmmm.
I don't want anything to do with debts. I don't borrow and I don't let people borrow money from me. There are some exceptions though; maybe me being incredibly stupid or hypnotized or when there's a life-or-death situation. So yes, you can ask me, and yes, I might lend some; but you should know the unspoken rules about loaning from me. If you claim to be my friend then it should be pretty easy to negotiate. Since I really was incredibly stupid during the last time I got myself involved in a loan, please excuse the emerging bitch.
- If you are one of my good friends, think about the implications of borrowing from me. Again, it's okay to ask. Just remember that I am a friend and not a bank. If I had the means, I would prefer to give than to expect it returned.
- Don't bring it up that I'm single with no children as your reason for choosing to come to me. If you are employed, I believe we stand in the same financial ground. We have different priorities but essentially how we tend to them kind of makes us even. If you tell me I look generous, maybe I'll think about it. Haha.
- Be transparent. Let me know your reason for borrowing money and why you are so desperate that you had to ask me. If it's such a great need, I might even consider helping you instead of just lending. In fact, I would willingly deposit in your account or pay something for you if I could and wanted to, given of course that you have valid reasons to ask for financial help. The bottomline is, do not ask for something as trivial as a new MP3 player for your lovey-dovey. I'm sure lovey-dovey wouldn't mind missing a new gadget if it meant saving up for necessity. Save yourself some dignity.
- If you say it's a loan, I consider it a loan. A loan which has a payment plan and has to be paid on time. Then again, I understand extensions because there really are things in the world that happen beyond anyone's control. But well, extending five times is, to be brutally honest, a little shameful. To think that I don't even put on interest. If you extend, please be polite enough to inform me periodically that you still remember the agreement instead of me wondering if you even remember who I am.
- When I say I can't, I mean that I CAN'T. You don't have to text me ten more times pleading for the same thing that I already dismissed. If I rejected you once, I'll probably do it again even after three hours or three days. Oh, and don't try to borrow while you still have an outstanding balance with me 'cause that's just too funny. Don't try to make me laugh because eventually my laughter turns into sarcasm.
I understand that you are an average person stuck in the economic recession. Guess what, I'm in it too!
I don't want anything to do with debts. I don't borrow and I don't let people borrow money from me. There are some exceptions though; maybe me being incredibly stupid or hypnotized or when there's a life-or-death situation. So yes, you can ask me, and yes, I might lend some; but you should know the unspoken rules about loaning from me. If you claim to be my friend then it should be pretty easy to negotiate. Since I really was incredibly stupid during the last time I got myself involved in a loan, please excuse the emerging bitch.
- If you are one of my good friends, think about the implications of borrowing from me. Again, it's okay to ask. Just remember that I am a friend and not a bank. If I had the means, I would prefer to give than to expect it returned.
- Don't bring it up that I'm single with no children as your reason for choosing to come to me. If you are employed, I believe we stand in the same financial ground. We have different priorities but essentially how we tend to them kind of makes us even. If you tell me I look generous, maybe I'll think about it. Haha.
- Be transparent. Let me know your reason for borrowing money and why you are so desperate that you had to ask me. If it's such a great need, I might even consider helping you instead of just lending. In fact, I would willingly deposit in your account or pay something for you if I could and wanted to, given of course that you have valid reasons to ask for financial help. The bottomline is, do not ask for something as trivial as a new MP3 player for your lovey-dovey. I'm sure lovey-dovey wouldn't mind missing a new gadget if it meant saving up for necessity. Save yourself some dignity.
- If you say it's a loan, I consider it a loan. A loan which has a payment plan and has to be paid on time. Then again, I understand extensions because there really are things in the world that happen beyond anyone's control. But well, extending five times is, to be brutally honest, a little shameful. To think that I don't even put on interest. If you extend, please be polite enough to inform me periodically that you still remember the agreement instead of me wondering if you even remember who I am.
- When I say I can't, I mean that I CAN'T. You don't have to text me ten more times pleading for the same thing that I already dismissed. If I rejected you once, I'll probably do it again even after three hours or three days. Oh, and don't try to borrow while you still have an outstanding balance with me 'cause that's just too funny. Don't try to make me laugh because eventually my laughter turns into sarcasm.
I understand that you are an average person stuck in the economic recession. Guess what, I'm in it too!

7 Comments:
naku ako din, di ako nagpapahiram agad.... kase wala naman akong ipahihiram. mahirap na din kase ang buhay ngayon.
Totoo yan. Hays.
Parehas tayo. If were talking a few hundred bucks. i'll let it pass.
I would also shoot fire out of my eyeballs if people would ask me to borrow my money for this. If someone's sick or something, I'd gladly help.
Believe me, I've encountered something close to this. Naloka ako. Muntik ko na yata sirain ang cellphone ko sa gulat. Haha.
Anna, I'm thinking of buying a Blu-ray player. aaand....
You're gonna buy me one since I don't have a job yet?! Thanks! LOL
Post a Comment
<< Home