1.28.2009

M & P

As mundane and sinful as this may sound, there are only 2 things that matter in this underground escapade: money and pride.

The first one is relatively easy to gain because like they always say: underworked, overpaid. In my case, it's more like: irritatingly underemployed, but blissfully overpaid.

Pride, however, is a whole different story. The pit is a place where humans are made to act like robots and machines are forced to think like humans. For a few hours, regular people who happen to have a worldful of self-respect are compelled to surrender their rights to a hierarchy that creates their delusional sense of superiority and pride.

Putanginang motivation yan. I CAN work without it, as I have done so in the past. I have pushed myself harder and further before, but my pride has never been compromised to a degree that I did not deserve. Even though I already knew that this time, I would have to compromise more; I still expected the least. I only expected freakin' affirmation. ONLY affirmation... for the fact that even though I fail to be pliable to authority and socially exciting to my equals, I have proved that I can rise beyond what is required. I heard none, not even a passing remark; because as usual, in this crappy adult high school world: cool people always win.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Amary Mei said...

Those who get what you truly deserve have a tendency to fall hard. Kahit for now just think you'll get what's rightfully yours in due time :)

8:19 PM  
Anonymous anna ofilas said...

Thanks. :) Pero sa natural order of things, di sila babagsak agad. Di pa siguro ngayon... the more evil you are, the more resilient you become. LOL

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Felipe Cunanan said...

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa. Italicizing profanity means they're kickin your ass eh? You know like in the movies. Where you'll see the wrath of evilman for 60 minutes, and the last 30 mins will be the evilman dying time. You'll just have to wait for that.

But... If your movie is a trilogy... Ehhh. you go get the precious and join the darkside. Kidding. Real life sucks. Hang in there.

12:26 PM  
Anonymous anna ofilas said...

Hehe. Thanks dude. I don't want to wait for the evilman dying time, since I don't even want to finish the damn movie. (Like I have a choice. LOL)

It's funny, 'cause I could curse a lot when I'm this irritated. I feel bad now, because Lester (Lloyd) was beside me just by chance after all this shit happened. I wasn't even able to talk to him decently. Grr.

4:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home