11.19.2007

Sorry for the Inconvenience. Right.

I'm terribly busy but I'm posting this entry as a protest to bad automated system and customer service. I am very calm by nature and don't usually grump about people or companies unless the situation absolutely calls for it.

But today, I've simply had enough of Globe's system delays and constant glitches.

Here's what happened:
It's my first time using their Share-A-Load service on my few months-old Globe sim; and I know for a fact that there's a short registration procedure in using the system. So I sent 5 pesos to my mom's number only so that I can get the confirmation message which includes the mechanics for registration of Share-A-Load. After a few messages saying my request cannot be accommodated and an hour's delay, the P5 I sent was received, and I finally obtained the mechanics for registration. Obviously I'm not dumb or blind, so I read AND understood the registration procedure. I did the thing in a breeze, and again, after so much delay, I received the message confirming my registration. And by the way, with that I also got a second message confirming the P5 I sent to my mom... which means, because I tried sending it so many times, two transactions were recorded in their system and processed, only because they always CANNOT accommodate the request. How's that? So anyway, after that I tried sharing P100 to my brother, using the four-character PIN I registered with. The return message from Globe said that I entered the wrong PIN and that I should send GET <mother's maiden name> to retrieve it. So even though I was  wondering why that happened, I again followed the instruction and expected to get my PIN. And yet again, after such a long time, I received something saying that I entered the wrong mother's maiden name. How can I be wrong about my mother's maiden name?! I assumed (because I couldn't find any other explanation) that it was probably a glitch. So I sent the Share-A-Load request to my brother repeatedly, like I always do when weird stuff happens like in frequently palpak UnliTxt or Sulitxt requests. And then magically, WITHOUT THE USUAL DELAY, I received the service message saying that my Share-A-Load capability was blocked due to sending the wrong PIN three times! And it said to call 215 for my concerns, etc. After mutterring a few WTFs, I decided to call this 215 and got hold of a poor call center agent. I was ranting non-stop on the phone but then my kinder alter-ego actually wanted to be more considerate to this agent who's not actually the one at fault. Just when I had given my name and number and calmed down a bit, the line went dead. With my patience reaching the critical limit, I called again and got connected to the program playing music while waiting for an agent to pick up. I heard the line pick up but there was only dead air. So for the friggin' third time, I called and fortunately got connected to a new male agent (the first one's female). He told me the same stuff the girl told me before we got cut off and asked for my name and number again, but then also asked for my sim serial number which I cannot fetch due to my location (duh). He explained that I have to call again when I get the serial so they could verify it before they can even activate my Share-A-Load capability. And after a thousand apologies from him and some standard closing spiels, I got nothing.

All the hassle for nothing. In the first place, if the system was reliable enough I wouldn't have resorted to calling Customer Service and the guy wouldn't have to keep saying he's sorry for the inconvenience he didn't actually cause. There are a lot more complaints on several forums on the net when I checked, especially on the Globe Rewards and the UnliTxt service. Besides, I've had enough calling them again and again to ask about mysteriously disappearing phone credits; or the strange load-devouring tendency of my brother's previous roaming service.

I'm not saying we boycott Globe or anything. I'm also not saying we call them up and yell on all of their customer service reps... I'm just ranting.

He kept saying "Ma'am, sorry for the inconvenience". It's his job. I can only imagine him trying to handle the other irate, less understanding customers because they had the same or worse problems that I had with the company's services.

Considering they're a major service provider, probably abound with experts in the telecom and sales industry, I wonder what they could be doing wrong.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Jewel Angeles said...

1. So... "grump" is a verb huh? Hm. I like the sound of that. Teehee.

2. Diba Globe call center rep si Joey? Hehe. ;p

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Felipe Cunanan said...

gah! text wall!

That's why i don't use those services. kahit mahirapan ako mag hanap ng load ok lang.

10:43 AM  
Anonymous KC Cervales said...

I don't use those services too...unless kailangan.
I can relate kahit hindi ako Globe. May times na ganyan din ang Smart

11:37 AM  
Anonymous anna ofilas said...

@jung: Joey's not with Globe na. Hehe.

@all: Oo nga eh, bihira na nga lang ako magkaload tapos ganun pa,. Hay. Plus, the networks are capitalizing on Pinoys' addiction to text eh. Text messages are free in other countries. Well, dito kasi lahat dinadaan sa text imbes na call.

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home